The aims of Triple P are:
- To promote the development, growth, health and social competencies of children and young people.
- To promote the development of non-violent, protective and nurturing environments for children.
- To promote the independence and health of families by enhancing parents' knowledge, skills and confidence.
- To enhance the competence, resourcefulness and self-sufficiency of parents in raising their children.
- To reduce the incidence of child abuse, mental illness, behavioural problems, delinquency and homelessness.